Saturday, November 21, 2009

Reflection of Technology Assessments

As I did the 1st assessment, Technology Applications Inventory, I realized that i didn't have much knowledge or experience in the four domains of technology. In the Foundation domain, 12 out 18 statements I had no knowledge of. The Information Acquisition domain, this was probably my best one, in this domain I answered 5 out 10 statements that I had some knowledge of. In the last two domains, Solving Problems and Communication, these were my worst two domains, I had knowledge of only 7 out of the 30 statements. This assessment has help me determined that I need to become more knowledgeable and more experienced in technology to improve my professional development for myself and for the students. In the 2nd assessment I realized that I need to use technology more in my classes for the students to achieve 21st century skills for technology. I need to make sure that this technology is impacting the student's technology literacy and that it is having a positive effect in the learning for that student. But before I begin to try to use this technology in the classroom, I need to get more experience and knowledge in knowing how to use the new technology. If I don't, I wont be effective in showing the students how to work the technology correctly for their benefit. Also, I think my district and campus needs to update and needs to give us access to more technology. I know this in not easy or cheap, but it should be something that our district should be looking into. As I finished these two assessments, I realized that I don't have many strengths to fall back on. I have many weaknesses, mostly from being inexperienced or having no knowledge of the technology, such as spreadsheets, multimedia or graphic peripherals. It is my job as an educational leader to get the necessary professional development to turn all of my weaknesses into strengths. I do agree with these assessments and with the outcomes, it has definitely shown me that I need to become more experience in these technology fields to become a more effective, efficient and positive leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment